A special pre-conference has just been added to the 8th Annual Alternative Accountability Policy Forum in Coronado. Due to popular demand, this afternoon session will focus exclusively on the California DASS Dashboard. The session will be led by Jenny Singh, Administrator of the Academic Accountability Unit (CDE), and Brandi Jauregui, Senior Information Systems Analyst at CALPADS. You do not need to register for the entire conference in order to register and attend this preconference session.
Join your California colleagues for a valuable workshop on what’s being collected, how to submit data, and how the new data will be used. Here’s an opportunity to have your questions answered and share how the current dashboard is working for alternative school populations.
In just three hours you will dramatically increase you knowledge of the following topics:
- What are the elements of the DASS dashboard;
- Which students are included in the metrics;
- Suggestions for better reporting and integrating DASS metrics in CALPADS and the LCFF local indicators;
- How the College/Career Indicator has been adapted to fit alternative schools;
- How to submit dual enrollment and partner provided coursework;
- How the new CASEMIS integrates in CALPADS;
- What does CalSAAS mean for DASS schools;
- What is being learned with the new One Year Graduation Rate;
- What changes to the dashboard are on the horizon.
Space is limited so reserve your spot today! Data administrators are encouraged to attend the preconference session. The preconference session is a 3 hour event on Wednesday, November 13 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
Jenny Singh is the administrator of the Academic Accountability Unit, which is responsible for producing the state and federal accountability reports. She has worked on accountability systems for fourteen years. Ms. Singh, and her staff, have worked collaboratively with educational stakeholders and advisory groups to develop and produce the California School Dashboard, which displays performance data for state and local indicators.
Brandi Jauregui is the lead Information Technology Specialist and subject matter expert for the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) within the California Department of Education (CDE). She serves as a liaison between CDE program areas whose data are collected through CALPADS and technical staff in the CDE. Additionally she provides support and subject matter expertise to districts and charter schools through quarterly county office of education data collaborative meetings held statewide