The 2016 AAPF was the 5th annual meeting of leaders from across the country who focus on practices and policies for supporting “at promise” youth.
The report describes the event, provides summaries of each of the 26 sessions and 47 presenters, and includes 10 recommendations for policy and practice to serve opportunity youth and other critically at risk students.
Among the policy recommendations:
- Allow The Use Of Multiple Metrics To Measure Individual Student Progress
- Allow An Alternative Cohort For Dropout Recovery
- Adopt Reengagement Rates Without Penalties
- Equitably Fund Alternative Schools And The Teachers That Serve At-Risk Students
- Invest In Information, Data Systems And Technology