Cutting edge presenters and sessions are being added each week.
- Data and Policy Limitations for Dropout Recovery Grad Rates, Jennifer DePaoli, Civic Enterprises;
- The State of Disconnected Youth in Los Angeles, Robert Sainz, City of Los Angeles, Operations Economic and Workforce Development;
- What Should Legislators Spend for Effective Dropout Recovery Programs? Russ Rumberger;
- AYPF: A comparison of promising state trends in implementing ESSA - Jennifer Lerner;
- An Interactive Dialogue About Meaningful Metrics for Schools Serving At Promise Youth - AdvancEd;
- Creating a Family Culture in an Alternative School Setting. Tessa Nicholas, Deputy Director, Civic Corps; Natasha Vinakor, Lead Case Counselor, LCSW; Tramischa Cole, Corpsmember Intern & Civicorps Graduate;
- Values and Decisions: A Blended Learning Approach - Janice Delagrammatikas, Come Back Kids Principal; Theresa Swickla, Come Back Kids Principal, and Dr. Debra Sacks, Educational Consultant;
- Social Emotional Wellness for Educators-- How it Takes a Whole Adult to Serve the Whole Child - Joelle Hood;
- Training for Trauma Informed Care - Amy Lansing.
While many of the attendees and presenters attend year after year, here's what to expect if you've never participated:
- Over 200 attendees whose missions are focused on supporting opportunity youth - teachers, program administrators, navigators, counselors, researchers;
- Six Concurrent Session tracks offering 24 individual sessions;
- Four concurrent Conversation Sessions to elicit focused dialogue on youth service challenges;
- Nationally known keynote and closing general sessions;
- Two hosted receptions, two breakfasts and a general session lunch;
- Intentional networking and collaboration time built into the conference;
- A chance for meaningful conversation with practitioners from across the country to share solutions for problems that traditional education programs cannot resolve;
- Opportunity for collective advocacy and action;
- Recognition of the 2016 At Promise Award Winners.
If you have ideas for sessions, speakers, or At Promise Award nomimnees, please call Ernie Silva (916)449-8919.